Tightening the Rear U Bolts

To: spridget list <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tightening the Rear U Bolts
From: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 15:20:58 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Does anyone have a cluse as to how much to
tighten the u-bolts on the rear suspension?

When I first installed the lowering kit, the car felt
really mushy and steered from the rear. So I tightened
the nuts some more. Whole bunches more. Another 1/2 inch
or so of thread more!

Feels much better now. Handles real well.

BUT --- (AND THAT'S A BIIIIIGGG BUTTT!!) those nuts still
aren't really tight. There are no torque specs I can find
for those nuts. So how tight should they be?

chuck

chuck ciaffone chuckc@ibm.net