More Front Suspension

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: More Front Suspension
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:20:17 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I will try to respond to all of your questions at once.

1. All parts are new. A-Frame, Swivel Axle, Bushings, King Pins, Brakes,
Lines, Nuts, Bolts, Wheels, Tires, Shocks, etc. The only original part is
the hub.

2. No Anti-Roll Bar.

3. Frontline tube shock kit.

4. When I said one stroke of the jack lifted both front wheels off the
ground at the same time I mente to say that the same stroke of the jack
lifted both front wheels off the ground at the same time. It was actually
the third stroke of the jack.

5. The difference is in where I place the jack.  With the wheels on, you can
only get the jack so close to the king pin. With the wheels off, I placed
the jack facing the side of the car directly under the king pin.

6. When placed directly under the king pin, the spring will compress about 3
inches, maybe a little more. This is with another jack supporting the car in
the center and the car level. The other wheel is on the car and on the
ground.

7. When placed as close to the tire as the jack will go with the wheel on,
the spring does not compress more than 1/4 - 1/2 inch by which point the
other tire is off the ground.

8. Sitting on the fender does not compress the spring.

9. Standing on the frame extensions and bouncing the car will compress the
spring about an inch but then I'm not very heavy.

10. I cannot put the wheel back on the car and lower it to a ramp with the
spring compressed. When I move the jack back far enough to clear the wheel
it will no longer compress the spring.

11. It's all in the angle of the dangle......

BTW It makes no difference if the shock is off or on. I tried it both ways
but only on one side.

Hope this helps you to visualize what's happening.

Larry Miller (bugiiis@yahoo.com or millerls@msn.com)
59 Bugeye (Starting to look like a Bugeye)
59 Bugeye "BUGIIIS" (Undergoing a body transplant)
78 911 SC (Faster than a Bugeye but not as much fun)
Home Page http://members.xoom.com/bugiiis