motorbooks.com

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: motorbooks.com
From: "Curtis Carlson" <carlson@navtech.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:54:25 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
As anyone from the upper midwest (US) can attest:  Classic Motorbooks is
*THE* place to find many books on automobile restoration; classic cars,
airplanes, bicycles, motorcycles, engines of all kinds, etc, etc, etc.

They are located in Osceola, Wisconsin.  Just northeast of the Twin
Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota (my home) by about 45 miles.
Each September, Classic Motorbooks hosts a large (and I mean LARGE) town
festival called "Wheels 'n Wings".  It's a classic car show and meet, as
well as a fly-in for novel and unusual aircraft of all vintages and
types.  Last year, as the year before, the Minnesota MG Group (MMGG)
took the prize for best club attendence.  Last year, there were over 800
classic cars shown, and each year gets bigger and bigger!

Gerty was there, as were about 12 or 13 other "spridgets".  A rather
poor showing for the 'cutest' cars around if you ask me.  Maybe some of
the listers could come up in 1999?  Saturday, September 11th, 1999.
Mark your calendars.  You won't be disappointed (I guarantee it), and
you'll get to pick up those books you've been mentioning at a discount.

Curt

--
Curtis Carlson
'66 Austin Healey Sprite MkIII ("Gerty")