Coil over front suspension?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Coil over front suspension?
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 18:22:21 PST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi list,
   Some one just gave me a Spitfire this morning with no engine. I have
already dismantled and stripped the car of all usable parts and will be
sending it to the scrap yard soon. My question is I am putting together
a '62 Midget for H Production SCCA racing as cheaply as I can and was
wondering if anyone has either heard of or tried adapting a Spitfire
front suspension (looks really similar to a Lotus setup) to a Spridget.
Pros and Cons please.
Thanks,
Peter S.