Paint for steel wheels

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Paint for steel wheels
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 07:48:58 +0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I'm relatively new to the list and I don't know if this has been
answered before.  Does anyone know what type and brand paint to use on
the steel wheels of my Bugeye?  I know Moss sells a spray can that is
supposed to be correct, but  spray can paint doesn't contain the
hardeners required for durability.  I just tried to get my wheels powder
coated with Drylac No Smudge Silver.  The powder coater had a problem
with the area where the rim is welded to the center of the wheel.  It
bubbled up in the oven and stayed that way after hardening.
                                Mike MacLean-60 Sprite