HELP - Easy but important question

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: HELP - Easy but important question
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 16:22:07 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I am reassembling my 1960 Bugeye with 1275 and ribcase tranny, It
needed freshening, so has received bearings, clutch, legal cam,
and other necessary stuff.

The question -

I have reinstalled the engine and tranny, and went to put the two
bolts back into the BOTTOM of the crossmember (from underneath
the car). The two that go into the side were fine thread and fit
perfectly. I have left them slightly loose pending the fittment
of the two bottom bolts.

The two bolts that I *thought* fit underneath seem to not want to
go back. They turn about 1/3 a turn and then bind (by hand). I am
aware that the holes may be slightly misaligned, so I am
proceeding cautiously.

The bolts I tried are 18 threads per inch (coarse), about 3 1/2"
to 4" long.

I can find no other bolts around here that approximate that size
in the fine thread (24 threads/inch).

So......which should it be - are those two bolts supposed to be
the coarse or fine thread? Are the ones I have correct, but the
holes are just off center slightly?

I don't want to force the onces I have unless they are the right
ones.

Thank you for any quick *knowledgable* responses.

Scott Meyers
60 Bugeye
Phoenix Arizona