"Pierre's Problem" Do you remember that thread....

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: "Pierre's Problem" Do you remember that thread....
From: Martyn Ridley <ridleymj@bis.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 21:28:56 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I believe it dates back to Motor Sport, June/July 1960. Pierre wrote asking
how it was possible and over the next month or so the editor received
several interesting variations.  As WB put it, if I remember correctly, it
was an interesting diversion, but he did have to put an end to coverage of
this particular aspect of 'motor sport'.

Cheers,
Martyn

PS: If I the only one old enough to remember this, I will try to find the
relevant issues and either scan or re-type the letters.
It's the going, not the getting there, that's good.
         (Harry Chapin - Greyhound)