Re: Midget Gt

To: Lancer7676@aol.com, Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Midget Gt
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 16:56:55 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 06/12/1998  2:29:08PM,  Lancer7676@aol.com writes:

<< feasible to put the GT-6 into the Midget?   Anyone tried that one?  What
 are the results? >>

I guess the results would be like the Frogeye I saw with a Ford Essex 3.0 V6
under the bonnet - LOTS OF UNDERSTEER DUE TO THE MASSIVE LUMP OF CAST IRON AT
THE FRONT OF THE CAR, SCARY ROUND CORNERS AND FORGET ROUNDABOUTS (go over the
top?).

IMHO any engine swap must involve fitting an engine that while only a fraction
heavier than the A-Series is considerably more powerful than a tuned A Series.
For that reason I would go turbocharged A-Series everytime, or maybe
supercharged if you could get the boost up enough (ie 2 bar).

My friend had a 2500cc GT6 (not 2000cc) and my Sprite was quicker than him
just about everywhere, especially the twisty stuff.

Daniel1312