Re: electric fan

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: electric fan
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 10:40:52 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Make sure there is a shroud around the electric fan and that it is
mounted flush onto the radiator. Otherwise the air (at least a fair
proportion of it) will blow around the fan, not through the radiator.

A good electric fan has *no* negative effects as far as I am concerned!

As for replacement radiators - do you have the crossflow or downflow?

If you have the downflow, try the crossflow - it will probably be sufficient
in combination with the electric fan.

If you already have the crossflow, you can get it rebuilt with an extra
core. It will fit happily.

Next step is to use a Suzuki Swift radiator. It is *much* more efficient
than the old BMC ones. It also has an integral electric fan and is small
enough to fit in the right place. It is actually a little skinnier than the
sprite radiator so you need little tabs (make them yourself out of 25mm
x umm alloy flat bar). to mount it. It is efficient enough for full race
motors
and is a *lot* cheaper than the allow race radiators! A$50 from a wrecker's
yard.

Mike