Re: Mirror pricing, was: SICP weirdness

To: jboatri@emory.edu, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Mirror pricing, was: SICP weirdness
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 16:37:33 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 12/15/98 4:04:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jboatri@emory.edu writes:

<<  just called them (4 pm eastern time). The price they quoted is $39 EACH.
 The  $32.95 for a PAIR was a misprint in the flyer  >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks a bunch, Jeff.  I guess I should have known that it was a misprint.
They have lots of spelling errors in the catalogs, and other boo-boos that
somebody should have caught.  The table of contents lists "Brake Tools &
Fluid" on page 98.  Page 98 says, "NOTES" and is blank.  So much for
proofreading.

I will still give them a try because their rear wheel cylinders for my '77
Midget are $14.47 compared to $21.95 from Moss and $27.95 from VB, front wheel
bearing kits are $39.95, and front brake rotors are $16.99 each.  If they are
out of stock or incorrect prices, that will be all for SICP.

BTW, when I talked to them, they must have sensed that I was shopping for
price.  They said that they would match any other prices I got.  I wouldn't
abuse that privilege, but if I need a bunch of stuff and I know that someone
else is lower on an item, I might mention it.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport