Re: Off Subject, Rotary...how about MOTORCYCLE?

To: autox@earthlink.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Off Subject, Rotary...how about MOTORCYCLE?
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 19:15:12 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

>************************ BIG POINT HERE **************************
>
>> -Probably have to slip the clutch to get it moving...torque does
>not
>> really come in until 4000rpm.  But the clutch should take it as you
>can
>> get a drag bike/Formula USA 10 plate clutch for it.
>
>No useable torque until 4000rpm puts it into the "Type R" Acura
>Integra
>category. Shifting so much you feel like you're rowing a boat!
>
>Possibly great on the track, but for daily driving and accelleration
>out of
>corners, no torque is certain doom.
>
>IMHO
>
>Scott Meyers
>Went from the 300+' Isky cam to a stock cam;
>HUGE amount of torque available now   :-)

I agree that it would be a pain as a daily driver...especially without
reverse :-)

But oh what a sound.....6 speeds, sequential shifting, never clutch just
lift and shift, close ratio gearbox.

I think I'd be running it around at 6000-10000 rpm just to listen to it!

Richard L. Bergstrom
Central Virginia British Car Club
Richmond, VA
'73 Midget