Re: also in British Car

To: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Subject: Re: also in British Car
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 21:06:32 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
J. Adrian Barnes wrote:

> That brings up this question:  If I take a '75 rust bucket with a title and
>take all the
> good parts and bolt them onto a '76 body with no title, therefore finishing
>with a new
> car, titled as a '75...what car do I actually have?  Have I created a new
>car?  How do
> the registries take that into consideration?

You sound as bad as me with a 73 Midget titled as a 67 Sprite.
Don't ask what I did to title the 59 Austin A40!! But the VIN starts out
HAN9L/

The registers take original info like what the chassis ID number is on
the shock mount. This number is the original number on all Sprites and
Midgets except the Bugeye. They also want engine, tranny, rear, and body
numbers.
I did not register my 73 Midget which I titled a 67 Sprite with the
Sprite register, however, I do have the info for the Midget register but
I did not finish the number search on the car. My shock frame numbers
have been filled with paint from many resprays thru the years.
Steve Byers is also compiling a RWA Midget register if any Midget owners
want to help him with his database.

Frank