Crankshaft pulley (was Re: back to Sears!)

To: "Spridgets Group" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Crankshaft pulley (was Re: back to Sears!)
From: "Geoffrey P. Muttart" <gmuttart@mtdc.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 12:45:15 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Frank and List,

"WE TIGHTER"  on this one!

I took a leaf from a discarded spring and cut the end to fit the nut.  The
leaf was just the right length so that the end was against the body (with a
piece of wood between the end of the leaf and the paint) and I just hit the
starter - Voila!  And no sheared tools!  (Remember to remove coil wire and
bend back the locktab as Frank mentioned and note which direction the engine
will turn over so you've got the end of the leaf on the proper side).

I'll never even need that socket!

Geoff Muttart
Bugeye