concrete floors--NO LBC content whatsoever

To: "Spridgets Mail list" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: concrete floors--NO LBC content whatsoever
From: "Geoff Branch" <branch@valinet.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 13:53:22 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Very interesting to see this discussion about concrete floors on the list.
After parking the midget for the winter in a garage that it not usable for
car work, I started ripping out the wood floor in my barn.  Removed a post
and put in two micro-lam beams for a clear span 20x18 work area.  Concrete
floor will be put in with radiant heat in the slab, heated by an tankless
propane water heater.  Insulate the walls, add 9x7 garage door and next
winter I'll have the space for a frogeye project.  My wife thinks I'm nuts,
but I can hardly wait.  The question I have for you that already have nice
heated garages is:  Do you use them in the summer?  Cause, you know there is
something quite wonderful about lying on the lawn under a car an a warm
summer day (while you look for the nut you dropped !).  I've even napped
under there on occasion.  I'll be talking to a friend who owns a maintenance
hanger with a great floor and find out what he used for sealant.  I don't
like the idea of paint.  Sooner or later paint peels...and then you've got a
mess.  Happy holidays to all.

Geoff Branch  '74 Midget "yellow peril"