Re: Badges & Dizzy's

To: Bill & Cindy <fatboy@mail.metro.net>
Subject: Re: Badges & Dizzy's
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 18:08:47 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bill & Cindy wrote:

> Now...I seek some reference help also.
>
> First...I seem to re-call, a while back, some discussion about "Perlux
> Ignitor" installation tips. Someone, (Frank maybe?) advised as to how he
> used an extra screw(s) when installing their unit? Having used these
> ignition systems in V-8's with good success, and not wanting to ever again
> have to adjust or replace points in the Sprite, I'm about to order one for
> the old-girl, and would like to hear any stories ( good or bad) as to how
> they perform in our little cars.
>
> ...and secondly...I have a question with regard to the proper badging of a
> 69 Sprite MKIV. Currently our car has only one badge, and that is the winged
> Austin-Healey badge at the center of the hood's (bonnet's) leading edge. I
> believe that there should also be something at the rear or on the trunk
> (boot) lid, and something on the dash (fascia) as well. Anybody got ideas as
> to what should be where?
Bill

I had a problem with my Pertronix Ignitor.
It (I think) was due to it moving under the cap.
It originally only bolts down with 1 screw. I drilled and tapped the
dizzy plate for a second screw and it has been fine ever since.
As the good folks on the list suggested, the unit either works or it
doesn't, Mine was missing and popping so it was working but not right.
Someone suggested that it might be loose, it was. The 2nd screw keeps it
fixed in one spot.

As for 69 Sprite badging, The winged bonnet emblem up front and just the
word SPRITE on the boot lid was all there was on the padded dash models.
No dash badging at all. No grille badge either but all 4 wheels had hub
caps with the AH on them. (non wire wheel cars)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ