Thanks - Responses to Floor Coverings and Greasy Shirts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Thanks - Responses to Floor Coverings and Greasy Shirts
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D Arnold)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 07:27:20 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Listers:

First, thanks to all who responded to my request for information about
concrete floors, et. al.  I'd e-mail you all individually, but it would
take entirely too long, so, THANK YOU!

The general consensus is that for floors, an expoxy covering (preferably
two part) will hold up the longest, with several suggestions that I
contact a local airplane hanger to find out what they use.  Strong
arguments were also made in favor of a good oil-based concrete paint as
being cheaper in the long run.  All seemed to agree that a light color
was needed to assist in reflecting light.  Most also seemed to concur
with placing carpet, cardboard, and even a child's sled (one of the
plastic saucer types) under a parked or stored vehicle to catch drips.
Don't know yet what we'll end up doing, but we both appreciate the input!

As to the gear oil on the sweatshirt, oven cleaner only lightened the
stains a bit, so today I am trying engine degreaser.  Next is brush
cleaner, followed by gasoline and a match....

In regards to the many messages received encouraging me to commit
matrimony (or other high crimes), rest assured that this is in the future
plans.  She asks that I pass on her thanks for the many offers, but notes
that it has taken her some time to break me in and she thinks she'll give
me a bit more time....

Seriously, though, she's a wonderful person:  Stable, intelligent (two
BA's and a Master's), employed, no excess emotional baggage, cute as a
bug's ear, knows more about sports than me, enjoys the occasional beer,
isn't threatened by my interest in cars, is generally willing to help me
play with my toys (couldn't have replaced Molly's engine without her),
puts up with me, and was willing to get involved with a single daddy
(that's more unusual than most folks realize).

Thus, I think I'll let her keep me for a while longer yet, maybe fifty or
so years, but if it doesn't work out after that, I'll let you know!

Rich
Council Bluffs, Iowa

'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"  (LBC Support Vehicle)
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"

richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com