Thanks and more

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Thanks and more
From: Bill & Cindy <fatboy@mail.metro.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 10:34:28 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

Recently, we posted a couple of notes looking for parts and advice.
As usual, the list came through with all sorts of good advice and opinions.
I just want to say "  Thank You " to all who responded.

Many encouraged us to not give in to that ol' demon rust, but to continue
the good fight and not retire our little car to that LBC boneyard in the sky.
That is what we have decided to do...fight rust and rot with MIG and
chemicals. Many made the comment that they just hated to hear of another of
our cars being scrapped, as already too many had gone that way...and that
sentiment really hit home! Lot's of times, while we are out riding around in
our Sprite, I'll ask Cindy..." how many British cars have you seen on the
road today? "...and her usual response is " None."

Also, we got helpful advice to our query concerning " Pertronix" ignition
systems. Ordered one this morning and plan on mounting as per Frank's
advice...which leads me to our next question. Can these units be static
timed liked a point set. I assume that they can, as I believe they are
nothing more than a magnetic switch. Since our distributor is currently on
the bench, completely apart and in the process of being cleaned, I surely
hope static timing is possible, cause we all know how easy it is to time
these little cars with a light. Can anybody confirm or deny my assumption
about the ability to static time the " Ignitor"?

Thanks again...and come on...somebody pose a question or have a need that I
can help with so I can feel that I have also contributed to the list. It
seems every time I see a problem that I think I might be of assistance with
it has already been answered manifold times. Oh well I guess I'll just have
to try and be a little quicker on the trigger.

What a list...ya gotta love it,

Bill & Cindy
Santa Rosa, CA
98 Sea Ray 190 BR