Exporting Spridgets

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Exporting Spridgets
From: "Guy Weller" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 17:45:16 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Now then, I've got to have my 2 Pennies worth ( note, NOT cents !)
I cannot see what the problem is with "shipping out" Spridgets.  It is not
as if they are being sent to the crusher, or exported to some other galaxy!
The reason they are shipped out is that there are people elswhere in the
world who have an affection for these cars too, and are interested in
restoring and running them just the same as you.
  Just consider that the cars you are objecting to being exported were
exported to the States in the first place, I understand that nearly 80% of
all the Spridgets ever made went to export (from UK that is).
It seems to me that what is important is that people get use, fun and
enjoyment out of these cars, and keep them on the roads.  I don't see that
it matters whether this is in USA, UK, Australia, Europe or wherever else.
What then is the difference between "Exporting" between one country and
another ?  You mght just as well object to moving cars between states -- or
between cities--- between neighbourhoods. Ah ! perhaps you would wish to ban
the sale of LBCs at all ?!
OK, so don't take me too seriously, tounge is firmly in cheek !
Have a Happy 1999 and enjoy your cars whever you are !

Guy