Re: HNY

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, phax@eng.kns.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: HNY
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 10:42:01 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 1/2/99 1:14:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, Frank Clarici
writes:

<< Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

 > p.s.  15 degrees/F in my neighborhood this morning!  Snowstorm on the way.
 > Guess I won't be working on the Midget today.

 Why not?
 I was out in the same 15 degree weather, snow has started falling, and
 the A40 would not start! It does now. Different dizzy, this time I'm
 throwing out the ignitor. It does not like any temp below 32.
 Back to points and all is fine.
 The A40 is not in the garage and I have a car club function tonight
 where I have to drive it to. No top on the Sprite, PIECES lent out it's
 battery (to the 74 Midget under repair in the garage) so that leaves the
 wife's VW, which I will NOT drive and she sure won't in the snow, or my
 pick up which is terrible in the snow. So off we go in the A40 tonight.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well Frank, you're a better man than I.  Actually, you HAD to get the A40
running.  The alternatice (driving the VW) would have been terrible!  (Sorry
Ken.)

Actually, I did do some LBC stuff yesterday, and didn't have to freeze my
fingers.  I took a nice drive to Advance Auto in Lancaster, PA (about 70 miles
from me) to pick up my brake MC.  Rebuilt part...cost $87.00.  It started to
snow on the way out route 30.  Very pretty countryside, horses and buggies
slip sliding away.  Beautiful Amish farms.

Got thru the heavy traffic into Lancaster and found Advance Auto.  Funny how
so many people can't drive in a snow flurry.  There was less than an inch of
snow, and traffic was terrible.  My son and his girlfriend came along for the
ride (both 17 YO).  She asked if I had 4WD in the Mitsubishi.  My son said,
matter-of-factly, "Don't need it. My Dad's driving."  (GREAT KID!)  It does
have ABS though.

Got the part and headed back toward Philly.  Into Gap, PA and a stop at the
Gap Diner for lunch.  That would be a great place to end a road rallye!  Great
food and pies.  Snow was just about stopped by then.  A little slick where
they salted and it re-froze but no problems.

Got home and stopped by the garage to pick up the calipers and re-build kits.
I'll take them inside, clean them up, paint with hi-temp, replace the seals,
all snug in my living room with some hot mocha java and an old British movie.
What a life!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport