RE: steering wheel

To: "'Dan & Robyn Theriault'" <carousel@cwix.com>
Subject: RE: steering wheel
From: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:16:47 -0700
Cc: "'Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Dan ,
Are the metal spokes or rim broken ? Or is it just the black plastic that is
cracked.
If its the latter you can grind the cracks to a "V" shaped section and fill
with epoxy
(PC-7) and sand to the final shape . Then use primer and spot putty to get
the wheel
perfect before painting . I did this on my Bugeye with very satisfactory
results .
If the problem is however broken metal , and you don't mind doing some epoxy

crack restoration , I have a wheel from a '65 that could be restored . I
would be
willing to sell it for a small price and shipping :-)
Hope this helps ,
                        Mark Hanna
                        AN5L/13731