RE Hey all! Hello....

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE Hey all! Hello....
From: SirIanOfCa@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 02:02:15 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I only just subscribed to this list just about 4 days ago so its all a little
new to me.In fact I am relatively new to the sprite/midget hobby.However I did
just a couple days ago write a mail asking for any advice on bugeye front ends
in the Southern California area.I may have jumped in a little too quickly I
apologise for not introducing myself properly first.

My name is Ian.I was born here in Wilmington Delaware and lived there for
seven years.My family upon my fathers retirement from the air force moved back
to England where my mother was originally from.I was raised and educated in
England  and after 4 years in the service(USN) at age 17 onwards I returned to
England to further my education.After college and university I spent several
years in the Electrical and Electronic industry mostly in the petrochemical
field.I met my wife incidently online and we then started writing and chatting
on a daily basis.After making the decision to return home back here to the
states we met and as they say the rest is history.We married nearly a year
ago.My wife does not understand my wanting to restore an old "pile of junk" as
she called my MK 4 sprite when she first saw it.Now that its about a third of
the way through she is starting to show some interest.I have been around the
classic car hobby a little as my brother in England runs his own small
restoration business however this is my first real on my own project car and I
must confess to being a rank beginner.During the last few days it has been
great reading all the mail I have learnt a lot and was pleasantley surprised
at the friendliness and helpfulness of those more experienced in the spridget
world.Thanks to those who helped and replied to my E mail.Particularly to Mike
Mclean who gave me some very good information and advice.Thankyou to you all.
I look forward to your mail so much.          Ian.