Hoods/Soft tops

To: ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Hoods/Soft tops
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 17:04:44 EST
Cc: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 05/1/1999  11:45:13PM, you write:

<< much would I have to expect to spend to have a top made by a shop?

Hi Ulix, List,

Not much use to you but perhaps of interest I had my made AND fitted here in
the old country and it took them nearly all day from start to finish.  The
cost was £129 + £59 fitting.  This cost is pretty competitive to what I would
have paid retail.

I had to have it made because no one would sell my a double duck hood with a
zip down rear window with a header rail.  The company did a fantastic job and
as per my instructions used an extra Tenax fastener each side instead of the
utturly useless velcro.  If I could have afforded it they would have made in a
modern and more fade resistance mohair type of material.

Daniel 1312