England Visit- Cool Automotive Sites Needed

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: England Visit- Cool Automotive Sites Needed
From: Grossac@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 23:27:38 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Fellow Listers:
My wife and I will be taking a trip to England during the first two weeks of
February.  We're gong to spend the first 4 days in London, then rent a car (I
tried for a Mini, but the agents laughed) and do a driving tour of the
southern part of the country.  Aside from all the normal historical sites that
all tourists see, my wife has relented and agreed that we can visit at least a
few automobile related venues.  The last time I was in England was 1966 when I
spent part of the summer working for a Formula 2 team at Brands Hatch, so my
local knowledge is definitively dated.

So, we are looking for advice on some neat car-related places/things to see,
with a definite emphasis on LBC's.  We welcome any help from listers native to
the mother country, or who have traveled there recently, or have read about
neat places.  Tips on cool driving roads (like Car & Driver's 10 Best Routes)
would be appreciated, too, as well as must-see pubs.
Thanks in advance,
Chris Gross
60 Bugeye Vintage racer, (and many previous street and race Minis)