Re: UK Datsun 5 speed ?

To: Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk
Subject: Re: UK Datsun 5 speed ?
From: pasgeirsson@juno.com (Paul A Asgeirsson)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 01:56:10 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Guy,

The Datsun 210 that the tranny comes from in the States is actually a
B310 according to all the dealer parts books.  Be careful you don't get
this mixed up with the F310 which is a front drive car.  There is also a
B210 with a 5 speed. This transmission is somewhat larger and stronger as
it was also used in the SX series cars of that time period.  It does fit
in the Spridgets with no cutting, but not in a Morris without cutting the
floorboards.  On the B310 the years are 79 thru 82.  The 79 gearbox is
the same length as the 80-82 but has the same shift pattern as the B210 5
Speed.  First and reverse are in the same line.  It also has a rear
mounting pad that is closer to the center line of the output shaft than
the later ones.  It fits up OK with the aid of spacers on the pad.   The
transmission that you want is known as a FS5W60A. Hope this helps some.

Paul
Morriservice
PAsgeirsson@juno.com