Re: UK Datsun 5 speed ?

To: "Ulix Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: UK Datsun 5 speed ?
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 20:15:12 -0000
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ulix, you are right, I do not want to start cutting up the car !
Frank and Peter are suggesting a Datsun 120Y which was sold over here - and
was certainly rear wheel drive.  It was replaced later by a front wheel
drive car of the same name, but obviously a quite different vehicle.
The earlier model, in my memory at least, was usualy orange / red in colour
(or was that the rust ? !) and a semi- coupe style with an upswept rear side
window.
It may be that over here this is not the normal conversion because I believe
tht the standard car was only fitted a 4 spd. 5 spd was an option. This plus
the notorious rust must make the remaining 5spd ones pretty rare !
Have to start searching !
Thanks,
Guy