Am I nuts? (was Fiberglass Floorboards) (was Re: DIY Carpet + DPO)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Am I nuts? (was Fiberglass Floorboards) (was Re: DIY Carpet + DPO)
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:43:21 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi,
I would like to offer a radical, but simple, approach to this dilemma of the
"Rotting Floor Boards".

How about cutting the suspect floor back to the inner sill and the
transmission tunnel (or wherever the rot ends) and weld a new replacement floor
in its place? (Please hold the applause, I was not the first to think of this.)

Many repro floors are acceptable these days and include the lateral
ribs/indents and "foot well", plus you have all of your attachment points for
the accelerator and seat. If any nuts are missing from the panel you can easily
attach them in the process.

Then voila! You can jump on the seats without fear of Fred Flinstoning and
maybe even trampoline yourself into a neighboring vehicle or the roof of your
garage (you choose).

Otherwise, why bother with all this fiberglass nonsense when you could do
parquay, ceramic, or even a nice Armstrong pattern?

Keep Smiling!

Jay Fishbein, CT
Innocenti-S
HAN-6