Re: Fiberglass Floorboards (was Re: DIY Carpet DPO)

To: George Procyshyn <geopro@cyberdrive.net>
Subject: Re: Fiberglass Floorboards (was Re: DIY Carpet DPO)
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 20:50:46 -0500
Cc: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

George Procyshyn wrote:

> Frank
> So you're saying if you COULD HAVE painted BOTH sides of the rusty metal you
> think the POR15 would have stopped the rust?
> George Procyshyn

I did paint the top (inside of the car) and the bottom (under the car)
But the rust kept going between the layers of paint!
I needed to paint the middle of the rust where it crept to the edges and
then fell out.
The floor pan fell out and it was a clean rusted off line at the front
and side edges. the back stayed on for a few days but was real easy to
pull off. The floors were pin holed but semi sound when I did the POR
thing. Now they are new.
Frank