Re: fuel tank cleaning- follow up

To: "Swift Justice" <samesq@pacbell.net>, "spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fuel tank cleaning- follow up
From: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 10:33:18 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I agree up to a point.  The tanks that are available are made in China and
have no drain plug.  The only one that I have ordered was not very well
made. The mounting flange is of two pieces, the top and a flange on the tank
itself. On the one that I got, the two pieces had ripples and had gaps along
the outer edge up to 3/8 of an inch. The tank as delivered would not fit
flush against the bottom of the car. A couple of the mounting studs would
not reach through the holes in the flange because of the ripples.

Just be prepared to send it back if you order one of these.

Larry Miller