Moving cars 400 miles - trailer one/tow one (but which one)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, virtualvairs@corvair.hostway.com
Subject: Moving cars 400 miles - trailer one/tow one (but which one)
From: kpdii@mindspring.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:28:20 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
OK Folks,

The promotion I have been working my A$$ off for over the
past 8 months came through today!!!  I'm moving back home
to Mississippi, March 1.

The problem is I have a half assembled Sprite (plus an
extra shell) and a Corvair that I don't have time to get in
shape to make the 400 mile trip on there own power.
Unfortunatlly, the company will not pay to move the cars
(but that is the only thing they won't move, they are
packing and unpacking on this one).  Last time they loaded
the Sprite right in the moving van, but they have distance
reulations, and this move just isn't far enough.

I got the use of a truck and trailer for one weekend, so my
options seem to be to put one car on the trailer, the other
behind my wife's Volvo 850 with a tow dolly, the question
is which car.  The Corvair has been a daily driver untill
two months ago, so I know that as a roller it would be
fine.  But the Sprite weighs much less and might be a much
reduced strain on the Volvo.

What do you guys think,

Patton
(wishing he owned a truck, or can convince the mover that
the sprite was an end table)

Patton Dickson - Dallas, TX -
http://members.xoom.com/spridget/
67 AH Sprite