Re: Have spacers to fit Honda wheels on Midget

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Have spacers to fit Honda wheels on Midget
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 01:13:21 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ulix Goettsch wrote:

> A spacer like this will add to your track width, right?
> Especially with square-arch Spridgets, you can't move the wheel out far.
> Do you know how thick the spacer will be?
>
> I guess you could use FWD wheels, but then some more spacers might be
> needed and the look would be that of a rather flat wheel, not "deep dish"
> as many people like on classic sports cars.
>
>     Ulix                                       __/__,__      ___/__|\__
>                                               '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9
Actually the Honda wheels I have are more offset, so with the alloy
wheels on the car, they sit approximately in the same place as the
rostyles did. The rear wheels are a peice of cake, it is the front ones
that take more work. I will let you know as I get further into this as
to the particulars. At this point I am just interested in how many other
people are interested in doing the same.

Mark Snowdon
Greensboro NC