Re: A funny rain story

To: Karl Shultz <karl.shultz@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: A funny rain story
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 12:16:00 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Karl Shultz wrote:

> Last night I had my all-time, inexplicable "Lucas freakshow," and
> thought you guys would appreciate this.
>
> I'd been out in my '73 B pretty much all day, as the weather was an
> uncharacteristically nice 70 degrees here in North Carolina yesterday.
> The car has the original horns, and the high-note horn did not
> work...this will become important later.
>
> Finally at about 8PM, it started to rain...then it started to really
> pour.  So I pulled into the next gas station and put the top back up,
> without getting *too* wet.  So I'm driving the last ten or so miles
> home, and...the horn starts blowing!  Both of them!  I pulled the horn
> button off the steering wheel...no luck.  It just kept on, basically
> until I got about a mile from my apartment, and it stopped.  And this
> morning, I went outside to check and see if the horn worked at all...and
> both of them work now.  No loose connections...nothing.
>
> I've had cars in the past that would develop strange noises, and then
> the noise would just disappear, never to be heard again.  But I've never
> had a Lucas problem "fix itself" until last night.
>
> --
> Karl Shultz   ||   karl.shultz@ibm.net
> --------------------------------------
> Visit the Tarheel Sports Car Club Website
> http://www.thscc.com
Take assistance from where ever it comes from, even Mother Nature. We
had that same rain come in and I bet you got a more than a little wet. I
let the dog out at about 7 and just stepping out the shop door got me
soaked to the skin. Was trying to get some road time this weekend, but
the rain kept me in.

Mark Snowdon
Greensboro NC