Re: Little Task?

To: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Little Task?
From: "Daryl and Jennifer May" <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 16:30:46 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I can endorse the use of some roofing compounds for noise control
applications in cars.

To stop vibration of, and noise transmission through, sheet metal
components like floor pans, bulkheads, trunk floors, hoods, etc., it
usually helps to add "limp mass" ("limp" as opposed to "stiff").  Roofing
sealers and felts often have these properties at very low cost.  I
noise-controlled my Bugeye fairly well for less than $20.  What's under the
carpet can't be seen, even if it will make me a DPO one-day (to some!).
Daryl