300zx Dash Prob Solved

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, MGList <mgs@autox.team.net>, z-car <z-car@taex001.tamu.edu>
Subject: 300zx Dash Prob Solved
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 08:23:14 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey all.

Thanks a million for all the responses.  I've learned more about electonics in
the last few days than ever before.  My soldering skills are also significantly
better.  Thanx for the advice on that as well.

I was able to repair the board this weekend.  I tried Radio Shack's  1N4148
diode and it worked with no problem.  I've run the car about 4 hours and 100
miles since I reinstalled the dash and haven't experienced any problems.  The
onboard dash diagnostics didn't find any problems either.  Now only time will
tell if the fix is temporary.

If I don't have any problems for a week or two, I'll have a used digital dash
and power source for sale.  It fits (at least) the '87 through '89 300zx.  It
may fit earlier models ('84-'86?), and was working when I bought it.  Before I
installed the repaired dash,  I retested the new dash and it worked perfectly.

Once again thanks.  These lists are great.

Michael