Re: "59 Bug Eye, every nut and bolt origional

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: "59 Bug Eye, every nut and bolt origional
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:58:21 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi,
The best advice one can give on determining a value for such a car is to have
someone knowledgable look at the car.

I have seen great "lookers", all shiney with new interiors, at car shows that
literally were JUNK: rotted box sections, suspensions with lower trunions
half-way home, repainted engines needing a rebuild.

Then there are cars that have so many original pieces and components that the
sum of the parts exceeds the value of the rotted tub.

Finally, the prices/values quoted in the last response, at the bottom of this
message are UK values and therefore have little, or in my opinion, no bearing
to US cars. (Check the website.) In a similar manner, values will vary
throughout the country.

Jay Fishbein, CT
AN-5
HAN-6