Re: Parts Search

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parts Search
From: Bill & Cindy <fatboy@metro.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 08:47:22 +0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 10:58 AM 1/31/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Bill & Cindy wrote:
>>
>> Hi List,
>>
>> We are trying to locate an accelerator pedal assembly from a late model
>> (1500?) Midget. The type that is suspended from the shaft, as opposed to
>> attached to the floorboard.
>>
>> We intend to replace the old style pedal in our 69 MKIV Sprite, so we would
>> need the complete set-up.
>>
>> Anyone have this part for sale?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bill & Cindy
>
>Why would you be changing to this set up? I ask because I just replaced
>my 69 Sprite pedal and cable. Is there any advantage to using the later
>style pedal?
>
>Mark Snowdon
>Greensboro NC

Mark,

Our floorboards are pretty rusty and the existing pedal assembly is fairly
worn. Would not be surprised if the pedal decided to de-ttach itself in an
effort to call it a day. Since floorboard restoration is a ways off at this
point, and this car is pretty much a daily driver for Cindy, I thought this
might be the ticket for now. I am also hoping the hanging pedal might
afford my size 11's a bit more room...on the odd occasion when I am allowed
to not only fix it, but actualy drive it.

Bill & Cindy