Kinda rebuilt engine

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Kinda rebuilt engine
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 21:54:07 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Spridgeteers,

I got the engine out of the 74 Midget that I bought yesterday and did a
complete disassemble this morning. I found some interesting things; This
engine had been hot tanked, machined, reassembled, and installed in the car
and then never ran. When I took it apart the assembly lube was still on the
bearings and journals. It was just amazing.

I did find two oddities though: a mismatched piston, and a welded rocker
arm. I'm going to have to replace them and double check everything for
clearances, but it looks like I got an 85% rebuilt engine and the Midget
together for $300!!!

I owe a big thanks to Jim Fink from the MG list and the NCMGCC for spotting
this one, bringing it to my attention, and helping me tow it home.

I put up some photos and a short story at:

http://www.woozy.com/midget/74_midget

Thanks for letting me have a forum to share my good fortune!

Take care,

Robert Weeks

1969 Midget     (daily driver)
1968-70 Spridget  (two cars welded together)
1974 Midget     (parts car?)

http://www.woozy.com/midget/