Re: Bugeye Ad in Hemmings

To: "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Ad in Hemmings
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 20:44:52 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Larry I can tell you for sure unless it has a small block chevy Like Doug
Odoms.. it isn't the fastest Bugeye in the world....Doug has a conservative
600hp.. and runs deep into the 170 plus range... Doug currently has the
fastest bugeye in the world...

For the moment... but I am learning as we go this year and hope next year
to have the fastest bugeye in the world at over 230mph...

our first race this year is in North Carolina and the Camaro should do
quite well... as a continuing test bed for parts for the bugeye... I am
hoping to get into the two hundred mile an hour range on the salt this
year... The Record is 219mph for D Gas Altered... and I have to run about
15%less then that on the Air strip in North Carolina
to hope to best two hundred on the Salt... that doesn't get you into the
two hundred mile an hour club like Donald Healey... but it get the parts in
order for the record attempt in a Healey...

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )