[Fwd: Odd tuning problem]

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Odd tuning problem]
From: Wayne Lowry <hotwheels@longviewtx.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 00:58:28 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
--------------0B9507774F86469B0F9348E2

Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 17:00:23 -0600
From: Wayne Lowry <hotwheels@longviewtx.net>
To: "spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Odd tuning problem

This one has me baffled!! My 60 bugeye has been running fine..using a
bit much gas but that is not the problem. This stock motor w/73000 miles
starts well and idles smooth.
However there is no off idle response. Once it hits about 1800 rpm it
takes off like a bandit. I have performed a full tune up of electricals
and valves. Carbs are clean and balanced. The rear carb will cause the
motor to stumble and stop after a few seconds
when the plunger for the piston is depressed. All attempts at adjusting
rich or lean on this carb have had no result. Gas flow is good and
floats are adjusted properly. The only other bizarre symptom is that
from idle it will NOT rev if the clutch is depressed??!!
Shift to neutral and let the clutch out it revs just fine. Just taking
it out of gear with the clutch depressed has no effect. The clutch must
be up for it to begin to rev. It is making me crazy and has caused me a
bit of mischief due to the erratic nature of the idle.
I don't think it is bad gas either as I have driven the last two tanks
this way. If anyone has any suggestions or knowledge of a similar
situation let me know. I got fired from my job because I was late so I
can devote a bit of time to this problem.
Thanks
Bruce Lowry
Cosmo 60 bugeye

--------------0B9507774F86469B0F9348E2--