[BOUNCE spridgets@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from [Jeff Bo

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [BOUNCE spridgets@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from [Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>]]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 17:08:57 -0700 (MST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
     Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 09:22:56 -0500
     From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
     Subject: timing and mixture

I know in the normal sequence of a tune-up, one sets timing before futzing
with the carbs. I recently tuned the Sprite ('65 with a 1275), including
resetting the carbs, which were running rich and out of synch, and find
that I now have a little knocking (pinking). The timing is set back to
where is was pre-tune, so I'm wondering whether a change in the mixture can
lead to detonation. Any thoughts?

TIA, Jeff

Jeff Boatright  '65 Sprite MkIII   __o_\__
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/

[I *finally* got around to changing a few configuration items, one of which
 is that people on spridgets-digest were not always recognised as being able
 to post.  Should be fixed now.   - mjb.]