engine in or out

To: "bugeye" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: engine in or out
From: "Steve,Laurie & Eric Day" <twodays@televar.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 07:46:19 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Adrian, I`ve seen both ways done, engine in... you must completely bag the
engine ( big plastic bag ) so the ever penetrating paint overspray doesn`t
cloud your engine paint job. It is also much more difficult to do a primo
paint job in the engine compartment this way.
Painting with the engine out is my favorite. You can get a paint job that
looks as good in the engine bay as it does on the outside of the car, it`s a
must to have at least one helper to install the engine/trans to avoid
nicking anything, blankets laid out on the chassis ect , also is a help.Slow
pace and attention to detail will yield a great finished job.

NAPA MAN
BJ8  TR6  Frogeye