Re: Pipe thread thread

To: Michael Dietsche <mdietsche@yahoo.com>, MG List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pipe thread thread
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:58:15 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Michael Dietsche wrote:

> ".....I'm pretty sure I checked the threads with a thread gauge before
> I replaced
> the differential plugs with the Ford ones, but now you
> have got me curious and I'm gonna check 'em again... next time I run
> across the old ones in my junk box.
>
> Bill & Cindy
> Santa Rosa, CA  "
>
> Please advise when you have your results on the axle plug threads.  I
> like to replace about any threaded part or fastener when I diassemble
> something on an older car, so I'd like to know which pipe-threaded
> parts I can replace at the local hdwe store.....
>
> Thanks -
>
> MD

You know guys that those plugs are in most all hardware stores and are
available in "inies" and  "outies". (yep, just like navels)  If you
buy the "outie" you can put a Whitworth Crescent Wrench on it and it
works just fine.  As Frank says, put a little teflon tape on it and it
won't leak.  Package of two about 69 cents, probably made in Taiwan.
Warning, it will lower your ground clearance by about 1/2 inch.  I am
surprised that you Sprite guys don't complain that these messages have
been sent to "MG List <spridgets@autox.team.net>.

It is still 70 degrees here now and I have been for a long ride, guess
the adrenaline is still pumping.

Zoom, zoom where is that woman??
--
Mark