Re: Logo copyrights

To: "Valentine" <valntine@mail.ptd.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Logo copyrights
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:10:57 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Kevin,

It's my understanding based on conversations I had with Geoff Healey that
Austin-Healey and Sprite were "public domain. The name Healey, however, is
still owned by Healey Automotive Consultants, which is owned by Geoff's
widow Margot and his two daughters.

I had a contract from Geoff/HAC that allows me the use of the Healey name
for regalia... shirts, jackets, etc.

Rover Group/BMW has the rights to the names  Austin-Healey (not Healey) and
MG for the manufacture of cars.

WST
Team Thicko
http://www.thicko.com