DCOE and bottom end

To: mjb@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: DCOE and bottom end
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:05:24 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 16/2/1999  4:30:17AM,  mjb@autox.team.net writes:

<<  but it just had no low end >>
Hi Jeff, list,

It is true that you can end up with no bottom end when you fit a DCOE.  This
is usually indicative of either too large a DCOE or too large main venturi
fitted to the carb.

However, I have found that the British produced Full Radius (FR) rams pull up
the bottom end significantly and too a large extend restore the status quo - I
run 40 mm main venturi in a 45DCOE and it pulls like a train - even my dyno
guy commented on the impressive mid range torque it has.  These rams are
fiddly to fit have a 90mm width (39/40mm depth) and will only fit in the large
oval size K&N filter - which in itself can cause problems with long manifolds.
On my new Steel (thermal coated) Maniflow manifold I am even going to have to
modify the wing (fender) gutter to get everything to fit.  But, I know the
results will be worth it.

Daniel1312