Re: Tires: A Story (Long)

To: "Richard D Arnold" <richard.arnold@juno.com>, <adrian@icx.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires: A Story (Long)
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:37:00 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>Adrian:
>
>>This could very easily cause problems with the manufacturer
>>warranty because they couldn't write down the starting mileage...
>
>I had a similar problem with a set of tires and a chain tire store.  I
>bought the tires and had them mounted, but didn't install them for about
>six months (no road hazard warranty, BTW).  I only brought the wheels in,
>and when they asked about the mileage, I told the store that I wouldn't
>be installing them right away.  I was told that it wasn't a problem.

SNIP
>Rich

My daughter called me last PM with a similar tale of woe. She and the
boyfriend bought a brand spankin' new Dodge Stratus last spring. Two
weeks ago one of the OEM Michelin's blew out from hitting a hole in the
road. The car has a "Bumper-to-Bumper" warranty. They can not get the
dealer nor the Michelin dealer to cover the road hazard. They both claim
that the tires do not have a road hazard warranty. My daughter and
boyfriend were not told that the raod hazard coverage would be extra.
They both knew that the ccar would be used to commute into center
Philadelphia and would have gotten the coverage had it been offered. So
she asked me what I thought.
I told her to write (they tried email) Chrysler Customer Service and
Michelin and to cc the dealers. That is about the only way they might get
some satisfaction.

Oh yea the dealer they bought the car from is closed and the new dealer
says they should have been told about the raod hazard policy.
Just goes to show ya! Read all the fine print in a big purchase like a
car.

LBC content in 20 years never had a flat on a Midget although my wife hit
a curb and tore the sidewall out - obviously no warranty on that.
Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu