Re: Need help with thrust washers

To: ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: Need help with thrust washers
From: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:34:13 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Measure the end float with the old thrust washers installed.  They will
be marked if oversize or std. Then from your result you may not need to
replace them, if clearance is excessive, then get the right OS to take up
the difference. Usually nothing wrong with using the old thrust washers
on a rebuild.  Keep in mind if you are building a performance engine,
greater thrust clearance is usually wanted.  Check out Vizards book on
that.

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com