Re: Datsun 210's

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Datsun 210's
From: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 01:00:06 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 22:54:10 EST Lancer7676@aol.com writes:
>I need some information.  I am on the track of two 1981 Datsun 210s
>and need
>to know if, assuming they are the 5 speed trannys, there were any 5
>speeds
>that will not fit the 1275.  Or could I buy these two cars, assuming
>the price
>was right, and assume that they WILL be the right ones.

All 210 five speeds will fit.  The 79 has a different shift pattern.  The
Datsun B210 trans is a lot larger.

The trannys
>will
>undoubtedly be IN the cars so I wont be able to remove them and read
>numbers
>off the tops of them.

Drive the cars to see how the trannies sound and shift in all gears.

>Also, besides the tranny, shifter, and drive shaft, are there any
>other parts
>of the Datsun 210 that may be used to advantage on the Spridget?  The
>engine?
>Anything else?  The alternator?  One of these is a sedan and the other
>is a
>station wagon.

Drive shaft is too long to fit in the Spridget, just right for the
Morris, but can be shortened.  I sell pieces to let you use the Spridget
driveshaft.  Throw out arm and collar, the alternater can be made to fit,
save the two wire pigtail and the adj. bracket.  Slave cyl hose too.
Hey, if the car has air conditioning save that for your spridget. Cool
your feet!