Re: Aaaaaaargh! Help! Hood/Bonnet Hinge

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aaaaaaargh! Help! Hood/Bonnet Hinge
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@videotron.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:00:15 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Becky Hart wrote:

> Thanks to all who've responded.  What the guy's telling me now is that
> taking out the dashboard will take eight hours and they need an
> electrician. Does this sound about right? It seems excessive. I'll talk
> to the manager tomorrow. One of the hinges is broken, so thats why it
> has to come off the car.
>
> Becky Hart wrote:
> >
> > My '67 Midget is in the body shop getting worked on and they can't
> > figure out how to take off the bonnet hinges. They say there's not
> > enough room to reach behind the dashboard(barely enough room to get a
> > wrench in there) Is there some kind of a trick to it? Please help. I
> > have the Porter book, but I can't find anything in there.
> >
> > Becky

Sounds like these "professionals" need a dose of attitude re-adjustment.
8 hours to take out a Spridget dash and replace a broken hinge is a
crock. One hour tops. Talk to the manager and if he is a big a moron as
his employees then flatbed the car straight out of there. You'll be glad
you did in the long run.

How the heck do you "break" a hinge anyway? Are they bullsh**ting you or
what?

Daniel T.