Re: Strange Title Number

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Strange Title Number
From: Glenn Goodspeed <ggoodspe@startext.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:17:41 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Paul - I have no idea where to find that number on your car, but if the
title shows the wrong chassis number, you should bring it to your
license department and ask them how to get it fixed.  I've done this
with two different cars, and it can be a hassle.
On car number one, I had to have the car inspected by a very rude man at
the city auto pound, who signed a paper saying that the title should
bear the correct number, and he wrote the correct number on the paper.
Then I had to go to the state  (Texas) motor vehicle department to get
another form filled out.  Then I had to go to the county license
department to pay fees and file all the forms.  Thirty days later my
corrected title arrived in the mail.

On car number two, it was a little easier, because I knew that the
county license office made the mistake when I had the original title
transferred to my name.  I still had to argue with them every step of
the way, and it finally boiled down to them calling the state motor
vehicle department to find out what was on the original title.  Some
people don't like to admit mistakes.

Good luck.  Take your blood pressure medicine.   -Glenn.