Re: SU Carbs

To: <Lancer7676@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Carbs
From: "William M. Schickling" <bugeye@dreamscape.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 07:09:00 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
David,

This is from memory, so I might have forgotten a few things.

Basically you disconnect the jet tube from what ever control arm moves it up
and down. Loosen the large adjusting nut so that the jet bearing is loose.
push the jet up into the jet bearing and use a pencil or something push the
piston and the needle down from inside. Then you tighten the jet bearing nut
back up. This centers the bearing on the needle.  The simple explanation. I
have a Haynes SU manual if you want a more detailed description specific to
your carb.

Bill Schickling