Re: Radiator/Electric Fan

To: adrian@icx.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Radiator/Electric Fan
From: Dwgwater@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:59:30 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/25/99 3:01:50 PM Central Standard Time, adrian@icx.net
writes:

> Question 2:  I was searching through the archive about electric fans,
>  which I bought one of today, and was curious about mounting spots on the
>  1500.  I saw several people mounted them in front of the radiator.  I
>  won't be putting a fan clutch or fan back on my car (other than the
>  electric one).  Is in front of the radiator better than behind it,

A mechanical engineer friend who is a car nut and owns many vehicles,
including an XKE and a Arnolt Bristol (!) says pusher fans (i.e. in front of
the radiator) are the only way to go.  Fans that pull through the radiator are
less efficient, I'd guess becuase they "leak" air from the sides rather than
making it all come through the radiator.

Why do I have the feeling this is one of those "theological" questions???

Dave Groundwater